Total Pageviews

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Will I get into Harvard?

This was a question from a friend of mine whom I've known since my college days. She's one year my junior and currently a successful analyst in an investment firm. She wanted to go for an executive management programme at the Harvard University and had applied for the same. The question asked is in the title and the chart and significators are below:



In essence this question is "will I get admission to a school of my choice". A question that I had examined earlier and it had caused me a sleepless night! So with some trepidation I proceeded to study this chart.

Moon signifies 2 4 9, which are houses connected with education and as such the question is adequately represented in the chart.

The ongoing DBA, within which the result was expected was Mo-Me-Ve.

Mo has 2 4 9, all positive houses, but not super positive as '11' is not present. Also, no negative houses are present and that is a relief.

Me is markedly positive it has 5 9 10 11 (5 11 is wisdom, 9 11 is higher education, 10 11 is gain of reputation). There is a solitary '8' that may cause some problems, but it cannot derail the admission.

Ve has the full education combination of 2 4 5 9 11, it also has 10. This is an extremely positive planet for the selection.

See how beautifully the DBA has lined up. Moon signifies travel. Mercury signified education and Venus signifies beauty, or rather ornamental nature, which in this case Harvard is. Same education can be obtained elsewhere, but 'Harvard' adds an ornament or decoration to a person.

Other planets are also positive for education. It must also be noted that while Moon is not a super positive (as mentioned earlier), I considered it to be strong enough, because this is an executive program, where the ability of the person to pay fees is primary and not some competitive examination like CAT or JEE. If there was a competitive examination then I doubt the houses signified by the Moon would have been enough to let this candidate through.

Anyway, so my answer was that you will get into Harvard. And I was right. The person called me a week after saying "I got in".

The '8' played an interesting role as the person was not offered a course of her choice. Instead they offered her a lower course. There were a lot of discussions and finally they agreed to let her take the original course and upgraded her. So the '8' caused some arguments, some delay, a little disappointment, but the ultimate result was positive.

Readers who have seen my exasperation when analysing a similar question earlier will remember the rule I had finally looked at to arrive at the right answer:

"If we have to see chosen school then another rule needs to be applied which is: 4th CSL and 11th CSL must be direct planets, posited in direct stars AND both should be posited in Sthira (fixed) signs"

In this case, 4th CSL is Rahu. Rahu signifies both 4 and 11. Rahu is posited in Ketu.  Retrograde rules do not apply to nodes as they are almost always retrograde. Rahu is posited in Leo, which is a fixed sign.

11th CSL is Venus. Venus is direct. It is posited in the star of Moon. Sun and Moon are never retrograde. Venus is in its own sign of Taurus. Taurus is a fixed sign. Venus signifies 4th house of education.

As such even the rule of Shahasane is satisfied and supported my belief that ultimate result of the question would be positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment