Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 April 2016

Child admission in chosen school: One of the toughest charts I have seen

This is one of the toughest chart I have solved. It took me hours to see this chart, I remember  the question was asked to me on the evening of the 23rd of February but I was able to answer only the next morning after checking, re-checking and re-re-checking. Partly I re-checked because the answer was negative, but partly because the answer was just so unclear! What makes this even more surprising is the fact that this was not a natal chart but a prashna chart which is usually extremely clear in terms of the answer it provides. This one completely flummoxed me. Perhaps I should have seen my own chart (I never do!) for that day, it was slated to be a tough day for me clearly.

Anyway, enough of my sob story, I feel compelled to document this case only to highlight to my readers how it is not always clear and one has to really plumb the depths to arrive at the answer. What makes this case tricky and worth studying is that the apparent answer was CLEARLY positive! But something nagged at me and I kept researching and eventually I decided to give the opposite answer, which turned out to be correct. Phew. 

Ok the question came from a concerned parent asking whether their ward would get admission to a particular school. A pretty straight forward question, right? (or so I thought). I cast the following chart (rotated it from the 5th house as child is only/ first child about whom Q was asked):


Now Shahsane is quite confused about this type of question himself it appears. Reason is that he gives two different rules in the SAME BOOK, for this type of question.

On page 265 of his Phaladesh Khanda he says: "If 4th CSL is a direct planet, posited in a direct star, and signfies the 11th cusp, then the child will get admission to the CHOSEN school" 

On page 446 of the SAME book, he says that the above rule only means that the child would get admission to A school, not necessarily the chosen school. In fact here he says that it need not signify just 11, even signifying 4th cusp will do! 

If we have to see chosen school then another rule needs to be applied which is: 4th CSL and 11th CSL must be direct planets, posited in direct stars AND both should be posited in Sthira (fixed) signs.

Clearly, you can see where an astrologer like me who has learnt only from books can get confused. Anyways I decided to apply both rules sincerely to check.

The 4th CSL is Rahu. Rahu signifies:
Position: 9
Conjunct Jupiter: 8 1 4; Venus: 1 6 11
Aspect Sun: 2 9; Ra: 9
Aspect Saturn: 11 2 3; Me: 1 7 10
Star Sun: 2 9
Sign Sun: 2 9; Ra: 9

Incidentally I always like to check 11th CSL in such questions as desire fulfillment depends on them. The 11th CSL is Venus: 1 6 11; Mo: 8 Neither Venus nor Moon is retro or in star of retro planets.

As we can see above, the 4th CSL signifies 4 and 11, so clearly admission in chosen school is possible as per Shahasane jis first condition. At this point I was quite elated at the ease with which I got the answer. It is only Bhairavi who prevented me from sending my first take to the client. Afterall, I have to take the efforts and intellectual rigor to be honest to this science and to my client.

Then I decided to apply the second condition. The 4th CSL is Rahu posited in Leo. The 11th CSL is Venus posited in Capricorn. NOW this is where it got interesting. Leo is a Fixed sign BUT Capri is a Moveable sign. So this 2nd new condition is only 50% fulfilled.

Now I had a conflict, the first condition by Shahasane is fulfilled but the second one is now. What is worse is that in his book Shahasane has solved an actual  case using the first rule but the second rule is simply mentioned with no backing.Now what to do?!

I decided to examine the Nadi significators:


The relevant DBA was Ve-Ra-Sa. The first thing I noticed was that 2 out of the three planets were natural malefics. This naturally suggested that all was not well. Then I looked at the significations of the DBA, after all the CSLs confirm existence of the 'package' but the delivery is in the hands of the DBAs isn't it?!

Venus has a 6 8 at planet-star-sub combined level. But it also had a 4 9 11 at the sub level. 
Rahu had a 4 9 11 at the planet level, but the sub level was a stark singular 8
Saturn was overall positive wth a 10 11 and no negative houses

Again the answer using Nadi was not a clear YES. Then I looked across all planets in the Nadi significators, Ketu, Mars, Jupiter had 8 12s, making these planets outright negatives.Venus and Moon had a 6 8, countered ineffectively by a solitary 11.

Also a huge factor for me was the presence of a singular 8. It may be noted that in a natal chart when a planet has a single 12 or 8 signified and that planet appears as star or sub in majority planets then one area of life is completely destroyed. It is tough to tell which area, but one area (parents/marriage/ education/ health/ children/ marriage/ career etc) is completely in the doldrums. So when I see a singular 8 appearing in Venus, Moon, Rahu, Mercury at different levels (of which Ve and Ra are part of out relevant DBA), I could not help wonder why.

Another thing I then noticed, that while the 11th CSL was free from any retrogression it did not signify the 4th house of education (which was the basic question asked by the client!). So in the 'envelope' of desire fulfillment the page of education did not exist at all! Also, Venus signified the 8th house of disappointment and failure extremely strongly at the nakshatra level.

In the end this singular 8, coupled with the non - fulfillment of Shahasane's second rule and the 11th CSL situation (described in the above para) compelled me to write the following to the client:

"I see at best feeble chances of the admission happening in a school that you desire."

However, I could not get the first rule out of my mind and decided that there is no reason why an appeal to a higher power cannot be made to see if the 5-10% wriggle room can be utilised and recommended that the parent visit a temple dedicated to the divine feminine to pray for this school admission to take place. Assuming of course that the parent is not an atheist. The reason I chose a feminine form was that the Dasha lord and the 11th CSL is Venus, the karaka for Devi.

I also suggested that if possible the parent should visit any temple dedicated to a fierce form of the Devi, such as Mahakali or Bhairavi, instead of a benign form.This suggestion was made as the bhukti and antara were of Rahu and Saturn both malefic planets. Rahu is in fact a Rakshasa! Also the 4th CSL is Rahu.

Unfortunately before the parent could act on my advice, indeed within an hour of my sending the email, the parent received word that the child's application for admission in the chosen school had been rejected. Strange are the ways of Karma, it gets administered no matter what. I only interpret it!

P.S.: Why a prashna chart should be so difficult to analyse is however a prashna that I could not solve. After all my Sade-saati is also on...will Shani maharaj give anything without putting me through the wringer first?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment